Rates & Membership Info
We’ve got a package to meet the needs of every climber. They are listed right here so you can choose before you come in. BUT, never fear, if you are the type who likes to have things explained by a real live TRG employee, then just ring us during open times @ (713) 973 –ROCK (7625)
DONT FORGET: Be sure to complete your online Texas Rock Gym waiver to speed up your check-in when you arrive ready to climb.
First-Time Climbing Packages
- An unlimited All-Day Pass, Harness Rental, and a ClimbSafe class. This is all you need to climb on over 45 top ropes and hundreds of thrilling routes!
- Includes everything in the BASIC package as well as climbing shoes and chalk bag rental. These items are tremendously helpful, but optional. This is EVERYTHING you might want on your first day!
The Works is EVERYTHING you will need to truly get the very best experience on the walls!
Single Item Pricing
- All day climbing access for top roping, lead climbing and bouldering areas. Climb safe classes and top roping belay tests do not require a climbing partner. Lead climbing tests require climbing and belaying partner. No one under 14 years is permitted to belay.
- Harnesses are required for both the climber and belayer to wear whenever using a rope in the gym. It really is the best way to stay attached to your climbing rope. So bring your own, or just rent one of ours.
ATC Belay Device
- ATC Belay devices provide rope friction for belaying. It acts as a brake, so that when a climber falls with slack in the rope, the fall is brought to a stop. Device rentals are free to qualified belayers with the purchase of a day pass. Please be prepared to leave a valid ID or car keys with us as a deposit.
Climb Safe Class
- A Climb Safe Class is mandatory for those who do not already know how to belay with a tube-style belay device. You will learn the basics of top rope climbing and belay skills so you can enjoy this sport and everything it has to offer. The class covers basic climbing safety and explains the TRG route system so you can find routes that fit your climbing experience. This class is required to participate in Climbing 102 or higher.
- Climbing shoes are strongly recommended but not required. The soles of climbing shoes are a soft sticky rubber making it a ton easier to climb. If you do not rent climbing shoes, you will want to wear snug fitting athletic shoes.
- Dry chalk powder in a bag. The same stuff used by gymnasts and competition weight lifters to keep a solid grip.
Discount Climbing Options
Climbing doesn’t have to be so expensive if you take advantage of one of the many discount climbing options at Texas Rock Gym. Each one offers substantial savings when you compare it against our daily rates. If you want to get serious and start climbing more than 2-3 times per month, consider one of these options. Our premier Unlimited Membership program includes over $1,145 worth of free guest passes, training, and instruction. It’s the only program in Houston dedicated to taking someone from good to great in the sport of climbing for the least possible cost.
10-Visit Prepay Passes
Save money by purchasing 10 day passes all at once. Unused visits (day passes) are electronically stored in your account, and do not expire. Great for people who live far away and can’t come as often as they’d like.
10 Passes w/o GearNo rental gear included
- Day passes do not expire.
- Passes are tracked and stored in your account.
- Passes can be used for someone else.
10 Passes With GearIncludes rental gear
- Includes shoes, harness, and chalk bag rental.
- Day passes do not expire.
- They are tracked and stored in account with TRG.
- Day passes can be used for someone else.
30-Day Unlimited Climbing Pass
This is our 30-day unlimited climbing pass available for purchase at the front desk. Climbing as much as you want for 30-day. Does not automatically renew.
30-Day Unlimited Climbing PassDoes Not Renew
- Climb anytime for 30 days.
- Does not include rental gear.
- Purchase at the front desk only.
Unlimited Climbing Membership
This is our top-tier, ultra-premium, membership program. It is the absolute best way to save money, improve your climbing, and unlock a ton of other cool benefits here at Texas Rock Gym. You can set up monthly or annual automatic draft payments. It offers even more options for those with a family.
For more information, please visit our Unlimited Membership page.