PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, LIABILITY RELEASE, AND ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK
In consideration of the services of Rocktastic, LLC, and/or Rocktastic, LLC dba Texas Rock Gym, their agents, owners, officers, partners, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “T.R.G.”), I hereby agree to release and discharge Texas Rock Gym, Rocktastic, LLC. and it’s agents, owners, officers, partners, volunteers, participants, and employees, on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that climbing on an artificial climbing wall, participating in physical training classes or the use of a “slackline” entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, to property, or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things: falling off the wall; loose and/or damaged artificial holds; rented equipment failure: falling to the ground, on other users, or being fallen on by other users; abrasions from the walls, ropes, pads, or the floor; equipment failure; belay and/or belayer failure; climbing out of control or beyond ones personal limits; the negligence of other climbers, visitors, participants, or other persons who may be present; musculoskeletal injuries and or over training; head injuries; or my own negligence. Furthermore, T.R.G. employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be ignorant of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in the above-described activities. My participation in such activities is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless T.R.G. from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of T.R.G.’s equipment, classes or facilities, including any such Claims, which allege negligent acts or omissions of T.R.G.
4. Should T.R.G. or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions that could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume — and bear the costs of — all risks that may be created directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against T.R.G., I agree to do so solely in the state of Texas, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state.
7. I agree to follow all instructions, rules, and policies, including all verbal or physically posted in the gym at all times, communicated by our staff when climbing or using any part of the facility.
By climbing at the gym, I acknowledge and certify that I am of legal age and if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I will be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against T.R.G. on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read it fully and understood it completely, and I hereby agree to be bound fully by its terms.
This waiver will remain in effect until it is canceled or modified by written agreement between the Parties.