Yoga Classes For All Skill Levels
Yoga Classes For More Flexibility, Strength, And Overall Well-Being
Some things in life go better together like peanut butter and jelly, macaroni and cheese, or coffee first thing in the morning. Taking yoga classes are the perfect compliment to improving your rock climbing.
- It increases endurance, strength, and flexibility.
- Mental endurance and physical stamina are tested through holding postures for extended breaths.
- Arm and shoulder strength is multiplied as you use your own body weight for resistance.
- Lats and other back muscles begin to support the spine better than before.
- Abdominals and obliques are refined and sharpened through building core muscles.
- Poor and average posture begins to correct itself over time.
- Hip flexors are stretched and rebuilt.
- Glutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves are tightened and lengthened where they need to be.
No matter what ails your aching body, or if you just want to take your fitness to a higher level, yoga’s ability to build muscle has an undeniably positive effect on the total body.
Texas Rock Gym offers several yoga classes in Houston for any skill level
Here’s more information about our yoga classes. We offer several yoga classes currently at night after work and we’re in the process of adding more classes in the morning and mid-morning. If those time slots interest you, please let us know and we’ll try to open those classes up sooner.
Yoga classes are currently held Monday – Thursday from 7pm to 8pm in our dedicated 1,800 sq ft yoga studio upstairs away from the hustle and bustle of the climbing gym. Come by the front desk (skip ahead of those checking-in to climb) and pick up a yoga pass first. Then give the yoga pass to the instructor. No pass; no class.
How much do yoga classes cost at Texas Rock Gym?
Texas Rock Gym members with a valid unlimited climbing pass can attend one class per week for free. You pick the day. Additional classes are $10 per class. Or you can upgrade your membership with unlimited yoga classes for only $25 per month right now. (Normally it’s $50 per month.)
Non-members have two options:
- Drop-in and join any class for $15.
- Purchase an unlimited yoga pass for $125 per month. (Automatic payments only. Cancel anytime.)
Ideally, students should arrive 10-15 minutes early to arrange their belongings, lay down their mat, and begin to relax. Bring your own mats. Blocks are provided.