DONT FORGET: Be sure to complete your online Texas Rock Gym waiver to speed up your check-in when you arrive ready to climb.
- An unlimited All-Day Pass, Harness Rental, and a ClimbSafe class. This is all you need to climb on over 40 top ropes and hundreds of thrilling routes!
- Includes everything in the BASIC package as well as climbing shoes and chalk bag rental. These items are optional but tremendously helpful. This is EVERYTHING you might want on your first day!
- All day climbing access for top roping, lead climbing and bouldering areas. +Climb safe classes and top roping belay tests do not require a climbing partner. +Lead climbing tests require climbing and belaying partner. +No one under 12 years can belay another, unless they are under direct supervision of a TRG climbing coach during practice.
- Harnesses are required for both the climber and belayer whenever using any rope in the gym. Bring your own or rent one of ours.
ATC Belay Device
- ATC Belay devices provide friction for belaying another climber. When a climber falls it acts as a brake and the fall is brought to a stop. Belay device rentals are free to qualified belayers with the purchase of a day pass. Please be prepared to leave a valid ID or car keys with us as collateral.
Climb Safe Class
- Climb Safe is a mandatory class for those who do not already know how to belay with a tube-style belay device. The class covers basic climbing safety, top-rope belaying, and explains the TRG route system so you can find routes that fit your climbing experience.
- Climbing shoes are encouraged but not required. The soles are made of a soft sticky rubber to grip holds better. If you do not rent climbing shoes you should wear snug-fitting athletic shoes. Sandals or flip-flops are not appropriate climbing footwear.
- Dry chalk powder in a bag that clips into your harness. Chalk is used by climbers to improve friction when hands get sweaty.
Discount Climbing Options
Climbing doesn’t have to be expensive if you take advantage of one of the many discount climbing options at Texas Rock Gym. Each one offers substantial savings when you compare it against our daily rates. If you want to get serious and start climbing more than 2-3 times per month, consider one of these options. Our premier Unlimited Membership program includes over $1,145 worth of free guest passes, training, and instruction. It’s the only program in Houston dedicated to taking someone from good to great in the sport of climbing for the least possible cost.
10-Visit Prepay PassesSave money by purchasing 10 day passes all at once. Unused visits (punch passes) are electronically stored in your account and do not expire. Great for people who have variable schedules or can’t visit us on a regular basis.
10 PassesNo rental gear included
- Day passes do not expire. Passes are tracked and stored in your account. Passes can be shared with someone else.
10 Passes With GearIncludes rental gear
- Includes shoes, harness, and chalk bag rental. Day passes do not expire. Passes are tracked and stored in account with TRG. Passes can be shared with someone else.
30-Day Unlimited Climbing PassDoes Not Renew
- Climb anytime for 30 days. Does not include rental gear. Purchase at the front desk only.